highlight.js

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

V8 v9.3 and Mac OS: error: no member named 'forward' in namespace 'std'

As Chrome v93 is stable, I began to upgrade Javet to V8 v9.3.345.16. However, the build failed on my MacBook Air with the following error messages.

../../include/cppgc/allocation.h:168:39: error: no member named 'forward' in namespace 'std'
    T* object = ::new (memory) T(std::forward<Args>(args)...);   
                                 ~~~~~^                
../../include/cppgc/allocation.h:168:47: error: 'Args' does not refer to a value
    T* object = ::new (memory) T(std::forward<Args>(args)...);
                                              ^

Well, as std::forward is missing, the fix is simple. Just add #include <utility> into include/cppgc/allocation.h and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cue Club 2 on Apple Silicon

It's been quite a long time for me not to play a decent snooker game since I replaced my Windows laptop with an Apple Silicon one. To be...